Friday, December 11, 2015

Quick & Easy SWEET & SPICY Rice Bowl



Okay sooooo, I think it's time for a new rice bowl recipe!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately ahah, don't really have much time to cook on school days because I arrive home kinda late.. I think I can post a lot more during the holidays so stay tuned! ;)

This dish is SUPER easy & quick to make (like all my recipes :p), and tastes amazing of course! Also, you can adjust the level of 'spiciness' of this dish by playing around with the ratio of chili-tomato sauce. Feel free to use more/less of those to taste!

As usual, use whatever veggies/type of rice that you like/have on hand! For me, I used white rice, and broccoli + zucchini for the veggie part! I also added some beans because they're delicious & as a daily dose of protein haha!

Oh and, I topped mine with Indonesian sweet & spicy cassava chips (plus more after photo hehe), you can top yours with any chips you like or simply skip it! :)




Recipe

  • 3 c cooked rice (I used white rice this time but you can use any rice that you prefer)
  • 2 c chopped vegetables (I used broccoli & zucchini)
  • 1 can white beans, rinsed throughly & drained (can use any other bean you like or sub with some tofu/tempeh/etc)
  • salt, pepper, to taste (optional)
Super Easy Sweet & Spicy Sauce:
  • 1/2 a medium onion, finely chopped
  • 5 tbsp any store-bought chili sauce (ex: Sriracha, ABC)
  • 5 tbsp any store-bought tomato sauce
  • 1/4 c veggie stock (or water but veggie stock makes it tastier)
  • 1/4 c coconut sugar
*you can adjust the level of 'spiciness' of this dish by playing around with the ratio of chili-tomato sauce. Feel free to use more/less of those to taste!


Method

  1. To make the sauce: stir fry the chopped onions over medium high heat in a pan (non stick/coated with some oil/oil spray -> as long as its non stick hahaha) until fragrant & fully cooked. Add in the rest of the ingredients, cook & stir constantly for a few minutes.
  2. Bring a pot of water to a boil, put in your chopped vegetables and boil until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the vegetables, dump it all into a large frying pan. *how easy was that? :p*
  3. Add in the cooked rice, beans to the pan, stir everything together until mixed.
  4. Now add however much sauce you like (you can use all of the sauce or save some for later, depends on your taste preference), add some salt/pepper to taste if you like. Stir until everything is fully combined.
  5. Pour into a big bowl, Enjoy!!! 


5 comments:

  1. Hi! Love all your food! They look so colourful and amazing! Anw i'm just wondering how many such large meal(s) do you eat in a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for the kind words :) Usually 3 large meals this size plus 2 snacks (around 1/2 this size)

      Delete
  2. This looks so yummy! I love how your recipes aren't too specific so I can just use whatever veggies etc I can find in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete

  3. I have never cookes with these fry rice, the rice looks so spicy delicious. thankyou for shearing. online food delivery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So yummy dishes is this and I like it very much.IdealShape coupon

    ReplyDelete