Okay sooooo, I think it's time for a new rice bowl recipe!
Sorry for the lack of posts lately ahah, don't really have much time to cook on school days because I arrive home kinda late.. I think I can post a lot more during the holidays so stay tuned! ;)
This dish is SUPER easy & quick to make (like all my recipes :p), and tastes amazing of course! Also, you can adjust the level of 'spiciness' of this dish by playing around with the ratio of chili-tomato sauce. Feel free to use more/less of those to taste!
As usual, use whatever veggies/type of rice that you like/have on hand! For me, I used white rice, and broccoli + zucchini for the veggie part! I also added some beans because they're delicious & as a daily dose of protein haha!
Oh and, I topped mine with Indonesian sweet & spicy cassava chips (plus more after photo hehe), you can top yours with any chips you like or simply skip it! :)
- 3 c cooked rice (I used white rice this time but you can use any rice that you prefer)
- 2 c chopped vegetables (I used broccoli & zucchini)
- 1 can white beans, rinsed throughly & drained (can use any other bean you like or sub with some tofu/tempeh/etc)
- salt, pepper, to taste (optional)
Super Easy Sweet & Spicy Sauce:
- 1/2 a medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp any store-bought chili sauce (ex: Sriracha, ABC)
- 5 tbsp any store-bought tomato sauce
- 1/4 c veggie stock (or water but veggie stock makes it tastier)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
*you can adjust the level of 'spiciness' of this dish by playing around with the ratio of chili-tomato sauce. Feel free to use more/less of those to taste!
- To make the sauce: stir fry the chopped onions over medium high heat in a pan (non stick/coated with some oil/oil spray -> as long as its non stick hahaha) until fragrant & fully cooked. Add in the rest of the ingredients, cook & stir constantly for a few minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, put in your chopped vegetables and boil until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the vegetables, dump it all into a large frying pan. *how easy was that? :p*
- Add in the cooked rice, beans to the pan, stir everything together until mixed.
- Now add however much sauce you like (you can use all of the sauce or save some for later, depends on your taste preference), add some salt/pepper to taste if you like. Stir until everything is fully combined.
- Pour into a big bowl, Enjoy!!!