Friday, September 11, 2015

Vegan MAPLE CHAI LATTE Oats



Chai Latte (with soy milk, of course) is one of my favourite things to order at Starbucks!
Sweet, creamy, with all the delicious flavour & aroma from the spices, mmm tasty! So I decided to recreate that in a bowl of oats, because, why not?

Chai Latte for breakfast in the form of oatmeal, delicious I say! <3


Recipe

  • 1 RIPE banana, mashed
  • 1 c rolled oats
  • 2 medjool dates, pitted & chopped (optional, but highly recommended)
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup (don't use other sweeteners as you want the maple flavour, use a bit more if you don't add the dates)
  • 1/4 c vanilla/original soy milk
  • 1/4 c coconut milk (optional, you can just use more soy milk but I find this gives an even more delicious flavour & aroma)
  • 1 c water
  • 1 chai tea bag (I use the Tazo one from Starbucks)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp maple extract (optional, just adds even more delicious maple flavour)


Method
  1. Boil 1 c water, put in your chai tea bag, let steep for about 15 minutes.
  2.  Place the brewed tea, soy milk, coconut milk into a pot, stir and bring to a boil. Mix in the oats, mashed banana, and chopped dates. Simmer until it gets creamy (to your desired consistency), stirring constantly -> I find this makes the oats much creamier.
  3. Turn off the heat, stir in the vanilla and maple syrup.
  4. Serve with your favourite toppings! I topped mine with strawberries, my caramel apples & chocolate sauce, you can find the recipe for those in here.

If you love chai tea (or something like apple/pumpkin pie spice flavour), then I'm sure you'll love this recipe! :) Give it a go and let me know what you think! Tag me on instagram if you make any of my recipes! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment