Saturday, September 5, 2015

EASY Vegan Potato & Chickpea Curry



I haven't made curry in quite a while, so glad I did today!

A HUGE bowl of delicious curry with freshly steamed rice for lunch, anyone? :p
A splash of coconut milk adds a wonderful (and authentic-ish) taste & aroma that takes everything to a whole new level, so do not skip that! A bit of fat occasionally on a high carb diet won't hurt!

Also, a lot of people ask me how many serving the recipes on this blog are for, the answer is, 1 serving (for me hehe). But feel free to make more/less depending on your appetite! (note: especially if you're new to the high carb vegan lifestyle and still not used to eating lots of food)

Now let's move on to the recipe! <3




Recipe
  • 2 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
  • 1 (about 15oz / 400 grams) can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
  • 1 c vegetables (I used broccoli & carrots), chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 a medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
  • black pepper & chili powder, to taste
  • 1 tbsp coconut sugar
  • 1/4 c coconut milk
  • 1/4 c tomato paste
  • water/vegetable stock, as needed
  • 1 c dry rice, cook according to package instructions, to serve

Method

  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add in the potatoes & carrots, boil until tender. Add in the vegetables, boil until cooked. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together: coconut milk, tomato paste, curry powder, smoked paprika, coconut sugar.
  3. Heat a non-stick pan (or add a bit of water to your pan -> trick to not use oil in stir fries, you can thank me later :p) over medium heat. Add in the garlic & onion, cook until fragrant.
  4. Add in the curry mixture into the pan, mix in the cooked potatoes & vegetables, chickpeas until everything is fully combined. Add in some water/stock as needed to reach your desired thickness.
  5. Enjoy with some freshly steamed rice, and there you have a delicious, nourishing, vegan meal!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my god! This looks amazing!!! :)

    www.thesparklingdarlinf.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried this recipe but with green beans and peas because that's all I had and it's absolutely delicious! The best part is that I made big batch so I've got some tomorrow's lunch... yummy... definitely something to look forward to. Thank you! Roxane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YAY I'm so happy to hear that! :D you're welcome, and thanks for letting me know! Have a wonderful day! <3

      Delete
  3. this looks delicious! Definitely going to trying it! Can I use almond milk instead of coconut milk?
    Thank you, you're doing an amazing job :) greetings from Greece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo sorry for the SUPER late reply! Can't believe I just saw this! I wouldn't recommend it as it will change the flavour & texture :) coconut milk is the best for curries! and thank you <3

      Delete
  4. This curry looks so good!!! I am definitely going to try it this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorryyyyy for the super late reply :// Hope you enjoyed it! <3

      Delete
  5. SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!
    Like really I ate the whole bowl of this curry omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that :)
      Thanks for letting me know! Have a great day <3

      Delete