Another rice dish!!! Seriously so good and easy to make! I'll never get bored of making rice dishes (plus so many exciting combos can be made)! A lot of people ask me what food I like to bring to school, rice dishes are definitely my favourite to pack!
This time I used some steamed broccoli, garlic & curry seasoned black beans, boiled corn on the cob, along with some brown rice. As for the sauce, its a sweet & spicy tomato sauce! Talk about YUM.
*See the ver.1 here*
- 1 serving cooked rice (I used about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 corn on the cob, boiled until cooked
- 1 medium head broccoli, steamed/boiled until cooked
- 1/2 a 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (I used sriracha), or to taste
- black & red pepper flakes, to taste
- To make the curried black beans, put the black beans, garlic, and curry powder in a nonstick pan. Stir fry together over medium heat for a few minutes.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the tomato paste, water, coconut sugar, and chili sauce together until combined.
- To assemble, put your rice in a bowl/serving dish, put the boiled corn, broccoli, and curried black beans on top. Put spoonfuls of the sauce on top. Enjoy!!!