I hope you guys are not bored with my 'rice dishes' yet… Because I really love making them hahah! I think they're really easy and quick to make, also tastes good and has lots of good plant-based carbs and protein (if you use beans!). Pretty much my dinner most nights…
Potatoes + Rice may seem like a weird combo, but I think they taste really nice together! Plus both of them are the most common ingredient in any vegan's kitchen (you should have em in your kitchen too!!). Cheap, delicious, and good for you, why not?
- 1 large baking potato, washed & dried, cut into small chunks *I tossed mine in paprika powder & black pepper*
- 3 c cooked rice
- 2 c chopped, cooked vegetables (I used spinach & mushrooms) *I just boil & drain them*
- 1 c halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c black/red beans (cooked) *you can omit this but I like adding them as beans are tasty and a good vegan protein source*
- 3 cloves garlic (don't worry, it won't be too strong, as we're going to roast it which will make the flavour sweeter and milder)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari/less sodium
- 1/4 c thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder (use more/less to taste)
- salt, pepper, to taste (optional)
- Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Put the garlic cloves (peeled) on top. Arrange the potato chunks on a separate baking sheet. Roast both in a preheated 200 Celcius oven for about 20 minutes.
- Mash the roasted garlic in a small bowl, add in the curry powder, coconut milk & soy sauce to make a nice paste.
- Put the cooked rice, vegetables, beans, roasted tomatoes into a big pan, stir everything together until combined.
- Turn on the heat (medium-high), pour the curry spice mix into the frying pan, stir fry until everything is heated through, coated with the seasoning. Season with salt & pepper to taste (optional).
- Pour into a big bowl/plate, top with the roasted potato chunks, Enjoy!!!