Sunday, May 24, 2015

Supergreen Detox Water



First things first, when I say detox, I mean detox. Which I think is about better digestion, good bowel movements, and not feeling bloated, and in some people's cases, clearing out toxins from the body. But the media these days advertise detox = weight loss, which is really quite sad..

This mixture really helps me when I eat not-so-good-for-you food (especially when eating out) and feel bloated/sleepy/tired. But I also find that drinking the mixture everyday in the morning right after waking up makes me feel more awake, and usually a few minutes after, I get a bowel movement!




This mixture is made from freshly squeezed lemon juice, Spirulina (which makes it green too), and some sweetener (I like to use liquid stevia). The good ol' lemon helps clean out your system, gives a great boost of vitamin C (the power of citrus!!!), clear your skin, and helps digestion -> bowel movement! I'm not simply making things up with this because I experience these benefits myself and so I want to share it with y'all! ;)

This mixture is already really good for ya with the lemon juice, but what makes this mixture really special and amazingly healthy is Spirulina! I find that adding spirulina gives me a lot more energy, boosts the immune system, and really helps with sore muscles (I do heavy lifting lol). It's also a complete protein source which has all the complete amino acids, and 4 times more absorbable than beef protein. For those people who says, vegans can't get protein, take that!! :p 

So if you can, I highly recommend trying it out, a small tub lasts me forever (5-6 months?) as it's really powerful (don't add to much or it will begin to taste bad hahah, it's a blue green algae after all). And the blue green colour it adds to food sure is very pleasing to the eye! *see my Spirulina Banana Ice Cream*

As for the sweetener, I prefer liquid stevia but you can also use maple syrup! If you want to make this without any sweetener, you can, but well, I don't think it will taste that good hahah!



Recipe

  • 1 litre cold filtered water
  • juice of 1/2 a medium-large lemon (or 1 small lemon)
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp Spirulina
  • 20 drops liquide stevia (or other sweetener of choice, to taste)

Directions

  1. Mix all the ingredients together in a jar, shake until everything is fully combined.
  2. Drink all the mixture in one sitting. (I prefer to drink it first thing in the morning).


2 comments:

  1. Can i use chlorella instead? Im running out of spiru by the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm not sure as I have never used Chlorella before but it should work out fine! Spirulina is my fave green powder though! XD

      Delete