I always LOVE it when my food has pretty colours (from all natural ingredients, of course)! It's really amazing to see how vivid and beautiful the pink you can get from simply blending in some dragon fruit into this mousse! For your information, there are two types of dragon fruit, one is the red-fleshed, the other is white-fleshed (I prefer the red one for it's gorgeous colour, but they taste the same).
On to the mousse itself, it might look like a good ol' smoothie bowl, but nope! The texture is really like a mousse. Smooth, silky, rich, and delicious! But it's raw vegan. How ? The secret ingredient for this is -> Coconut! Don't fear the fat on coconuts! Do remember that our body needs fat to function properly! And new studies have shown that the fat in coconuts are really good for your body (everything in moderation though)! So let's have some coconuts! :D
- meat of 1 young thai coconut
- 1 banana, frozen, diced
- 1 red dragon fruit, frozen, diced
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- a bit of liquid to blend (if needed)
- toppings of your choice
- Blend everything in a high speed blender/food processor (do not use an old/'regular' blender, it will need more liquid to blend and it will be a smoothie, not mousse) until smooth, adding some liquid if needed to help blend.
- Pour into a bowl, top with your favourite toppings (I like something crunchy! Like granola), dig in to the prettiest pink mousse ever!